Lahaina Family Farms focuses its efforts on conservation…conservation of open space, native species and the protection of local birds and their habitat. We do this by:
- eradicating invasive species
- protecting the largest grove of Wili Wili trees in the state of Hawaii
- restoring indigenous plants to the Hawaiian ecosystem
- experimenting with water resource management in a desert climate
- growing vegetables in a self-contained aquaponics systems
- capturing and using solar energy
- practicing vermiculture
Visit the the farm and its trail!
Look for some of these birds found on the property!
Reference our Native Plant Guide while walking the trail
Volunteer your time and talents!
Do you have a group that is focused on conservation? Have students who need community service hours? Would you like to partner with us on a broad project that impacts our community?
Contact us today about collaborating on farm conservation projects!